ICT Card

The ICT Card (Intra Corporate Transfer) is a mechanism for transferring employees from one part of their business to another in an efficient way. It is a temporary residence permit used for the secondment of executives, specialists and trainees from companies based outside the European Union to branches within the EU. These employees tend to be a critical part of the business’s operation and usually need an easy process to get themselves established. This is particularly important for global corporations who are opening up branches in Germany or expanding their existing branch structures and need to transfer employees to those local operations.

The goal of the ICT card is to ease business transfers and the application process is much less onerous than those of a traditional visa.

Some of the requirements for an ICT card are as follows:

  • the employee has already been employed for a minimum of 6 months at time of application
  • the employee is not in the probationary period of their contract
  • the employee is a non-EU citizen and is being transferred to an EU branch of the company
  • the company is going to continue to employ the applicant throughout their time in the EU
  • the employee has a valid university degree or some other form of proof of the required skills
  • the contract duration is between 90 days and a year for a trainee, or between 90 days and 3 years for a specialist or manager

The card also requires that the employee is provided with the same working and salary conditions that apply to local German workers so that it can’t be used to undermine the local workforce.

This can be a real asset for employees moving to a German branch, but regular application processes can take a considerable amount of time as the authorities tend to go through detailed verification processes, which can significantly delay the process. Luckily, we have assisted many clients with obtaining this card for their employees, so they integrate into the German branch or subsidiary effectively.

Our Services:

  • Extensive consultation
  • Preparation of the visa application
  • Support during the visa process
  • Correspondence with the Federal Employment Agency
  • Verification of the university degree with Anabin

It is important to note that the ICT card can only be applied for from abroad in a visa procedure. This also applies to citizens of the USA, Canada, Australia, Japan and South Korea.

Additional Services:

  • In the case of further refusal: representation in the proceedings at first instance
  • Preparation of the application for extension

Contact Us

  • Hidden
  • Hidden
  • Hidden
  • Hidden
  • Hidden

Valerie Tiet

Lawyer and head of the Immigration Law Department

Do you want to start a company or begin working in Germany, or is your family already here and you would like to join them? Are you interested in studying at one of the many universities?

We offer legal consultation for the countless opportunities to live and work in Germany. In the process we’ll focus on the legal demands but will support you in practical matters like the move itself.

We at GHENDLER RUVINSKIJ Attorneys at Law are experts in the areas of immigration law and the rights of immigrants as well as labor, contract, corporate, tax and commercial law. With this much experience we can answer any question concerning immigration, which would be especially interesting for business founders or self-employed people.

From preparing the visa application to the issuance of the residence permit, we are glad to be your contact and competent companion throughout. We’ll offer you plenty of support while you establish your business or build a new life in Germany.

We look forward to you reaching out to us!